rrrrrrring.......

suddenly my handphone was ringing wild. there was a sense of anticipation....

true enough, it was hippo maid!! OMG!! she was calling from fillipins? she missed me??? jialat!

"sir, this is hippo." a soft gentle voice blurted out. "sir....(sob, sob) how can mum do like this to me?"

what was i suppose to say? "sorry, hippo. i din know what was going on...." i replied. "i think u ve driven mum crazy too many times. so how are u back in filippins?" shit! i had to pretend to be concerned 

an awkard long pause... "hippo, r u all right?" ok, this concern was authentic.

"yes sir." she finally responded. " but i no in filippins, sir. i m still in singapore..."

"Huh?"

"ya sir, mum put me in the maid agency. i m staying here until someone employ me in 10 days time," she explained. "if no one takes me, i go bark... and (sniff, sob, hic hicup) today is the 9 days oredi sir.....can u take me back? i dun wanna go home..(sob, sob...)"

hell! now what was i suppose to say?? " sorry, hippo, i can't do anything. it's wifey's decision...."

"but sir, i just found a boyfriend. he loves me beri much....i oredi miss him alot..."

wah lau eh! PIANG!!

"sorry, hippo. i can't help you. gotta go. u take care...maybe the 10day, someone would pick you up. bye"

click! phew! that was close.

so the wifey was right. she is always RIGHT about almost everything except in the beginning she shouldn't have selected hippo as our maid